Promote your state book award program with this easy-to-use library center for your elementary school library or media center.
This easy-prep library center for 2nd through 5th grades complements and promotes your U.S. state’s student choice book award contest. Students read a selection of library books from your state list, then vote for their favorite one.
This library center has 15 pages, and includes:
- Center signs with “I will” statements in EDITABLE PowerPoint .pptx file and Google Slides formats
- 8.5″ x 11″ letter-size paper, landscape orientation
- Excerpt of standards addressed
- Can be used as a printable library center or digital library center for Google Classroom, Canva, Schoology, or other online learning environments
- Easy-to-print PDF file format is also included.
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Lesson Plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format and Google Docs, aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners,
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards
- Google Form template and printable ballots for student voting – Add your own text or cover images.
- Video directions and Teacher’s Notes to help you set up your library center for in-person or online/virtual instruction
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1.
- Collaborate – B.1.
- Explore – A.1. – C.1.
- Engage – A.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.3.4 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4.4 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.5.4 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.5.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.10.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.