This FREE library center for kindergarten through 5th grades is perfect for starting centers in your elementary school library or classroom.
Students read their library books, personal books, magazines, or ebooks in a cozy space. You can also invite students to whisper-read aloud to a stuffed animal “book buddy” to further enhance their reading fluency practice and comprehension.
This library center has 10 pages, and includes:
- Center Signs with “I will” statements in EDITABLE PowerPoint .pptx and easy-to-print PDF file formats
- Landscape and portrait versions included
- Excerpt of standards addressed
- Can be used as a printable library center or digital library center for Google Classroom, Canva, Schoology, or other online learning environments
- Kindergarten through 5th Grade Lesson Plan in Microsoft Word .docx file format, aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners,
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards.
- How-to Directions & Teacher Notes for posting this center to Google Classroom for online or blended learning (including sample student directions and screenshots)
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – D.1.
- Curate – B.1. – C.1.
- Explore – A.1. – C.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.4. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.4. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.4. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.3.4. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.4.4.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.