Want to build a community of readers in your elementary school library? Need reading responses, a library center, or fast finisher activities? Peer book reviews are a great way to do this!
This book review banner has 30 different prompts for responses to fiction reading. Each prompt is presented on two different pennant shapes, both on blank and on lined pages. Students can respond to most of these with either pictures or writing, allowing all ability levels to participate.
After your students have created their book reviews, string them together into a banner or pennant or bunting for your library media center, maybe as a bulletin board, to share the reading ideas with other students (and show off your readers to library visitors!).
This 139-page unit is a PDF download, and includes:
- 30 reading response prompts on blank triangle pennant shapes
- 30 reading response prompts on blank square pennant shapes
- 29 reading response prompts on lined triangle pennant shapes
- 29 reading response prompts on lined square pennant shapes
- Triangle and square name blanks to copy on back side
- Blank triangle and square shapes to copy on patterned paper
- “READ” letters in triangle and square shapes to add to your banners
- 2 pages of teacher tips
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – B.3. – C.1. – C.2. – C.3. – C.4.
- Include – B.1. – D.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate – B.1. – B.2.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.3.11.E.
- TEKS LA.4.11.E.
- TEKS LA.5.11.E.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.