Do you know that feeling you get when all of the students in your school library are fully engaged in purposeful learning?
You can! Let us show you how you can get started with library centers that are both simple AND standards-based.
Are you facing any of these challenges?
- administrators who don’t think you’re a “real teacher?”
- students who run around or wander aimlessly?
- students who are bored in your library?
- difficulty reviewing and assessing skills that you’ve taught?
We’ve been there, too! We developed library centers, and they changed our library instruction! We created this course to help you get started and to see how amazing your school library can be!
Check out the free preview by enrolling at this link: https://librariansteach.thinkific.com/enroll/2444498?et=free_trial
Online course curriculum:
- Intro and Why use Library Centers?
- Video: Welcome!
- Video: Why should you try library centers + benefits
- Favorite Things reflection and optional discussion
- Note-taking Guide, Handouts, and Free Example Centers
- Reflection: Which reason or benefit resonates with you?
- What makes a Library Center?
- Video: Components of a Library Center
- When? – Library Class Timing
- Video: Library Centers on a Fixed or Flexible Schedule
- Reflection: How could library centers work with your schedule?
- How? – 3 Ways to “Do” Library Centers
- Video: Library Centers Spectrum: Finding Your Way
- Reflection: What will work best for you?
- How? – Library Center Examples
- Video: Center Examples + What it Looks Like IRL (in real life)
- Reflection: Do you feel ready to try library centers?
- 11 Example Library Centers to download
Each module has an optional discussion board to share and connect with other teacher-librarians who are interested in library centers.
Your learning platform: