Teach your students to use keyword searching to find information in your library research databases and other reference sources with this digital, editable scavenger hunt.
NOTE: This is the digital version of this lesson, designed for blended or virtual / distance instruction with an online learning platform such as Google Classroom, SeeSaw, etc. Students should be comfortable with switching tabs in a browser to use this paperless version.
Here is the link for the printable version if you prefer paper scavenger hunt worksheets while students use devices to access your library’s database(s).
This lesson is completely editable, and includes:
- Beginner Keyword Searching Scavenger Hunt
- Ten (10) trivia questions with photo images
- Questions are editable as individual Google Forms (1 question per form).
- Self-correcting answer key is built-in to every question, so you don’t spend time reviewing answers that are spelled correctly.
- Designed to be used with World Book Kids online encyclopedia, PebbleGo, and/or PebbleGo NEXT research databases, and can be used with other databases too.
- Includes space for students to select which online resource they used from an editable list.
- Printable Answer Key for all questions (2 pages)
- Easy-to-print PDF file format (not editable)
- 3rd Grade Comprehensive Lesson Plan (5 pages) in editable Google Docs and Microsoft Word .docx file formats, aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners,
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Pennsylvania Core ELA Standards.
- Teacher’s Notes with suggested ways to grade the scavenger hunt assignment (2 pages)
- Video and text directions for how to post the questions in Google Classroom or other learning platforms (1 page + video playlist)
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – B.2. – B.3. – C.1. – D.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate – A.2. – B.1.
- Curate – A.1. – A.2. – A.3.
- Engage – A.1. – B.1. – B.2.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.5. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.7.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.7. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.8.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.