Welcome your students to the school library with these editable, DIGITAL library lessons for kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade classes.
The slides right through a storytime! You will need a in your story area. Move through the storytime songs, sign language word of the day, common library objects, and storytime behavior expectations.
These lessons are designed for distance learning, in-person, or a blend of both. The 26 PowerPoint and Google Slides can be used for face to face or distance learning. Slides include: book talks, fun facts, vocabulary, discussions, and more.
This 26-slide lesson is completely editable in Google Slides and PowerPoint, and includes:
- 26-slide PPT + Google Slides (most text is editable)
- List of recommended read-alouds (1 page PDF; 5 titles per grade for K-2)
- Detailed explanation of how Mrs. ReaderPants has used themed storytime lessons like these on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics and instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (6 pages, PDF)
About the PowerPoint:
- Includes 26 PPT slides + Google Slides version
- The first 2 slides are directions for teachers and should be deleted.
- Slides 3-12 are for your first storytime lesson.
- Slide 13 is a transition slide.
- Slides 14-26 can be integrated into storytime, or you can set PowerPoint timers to scroll them during checkout.
- Most text is editable in PPT and Google Drive. Images and headers have been flattened.
- All slides are in 11″ x 8.5″ letter-size, which allows for easy printing.
Storytime Slides include:
- 10 slides walk you through the “Welcome to the Library” storytime lesson
- Theme song
- Sign language — “Library”
- What is the library for?
- What objects are in our library?
- What should story time look like? What should our hands, eyes, feet, mouths be doing during the story?
- Storytime! What will we read today? (you choose any back-to-school read-aloud)
Optional Storytime or Digital Bulletin Board Slides include:
- 13 slides can be integrated into storytime or scrolled during checkout or library activities
- 5 slides are picture book recommendations for Back to School
- Word of the Week
- Staff Spotlight — Principal
- “Did You Know” fun facts about libraries and learning
IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, read-aloud videos of the back-to-school picture books are NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns the interactive ebook that has audio read-aloud, you could also share how to read or access it through your online catalog or ebook management platform.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1. – D.2. -D.3. – D.4.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.K.5.B.
- TEKS LA.K.6.F.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.