This editable, DIGITAL library lesson for storytime has a friendship theme for kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade classes.
These lessons can be used for face to face or distance learning. Slides include: book talks, fun facts, vocabulary, discussions, and more. Story not included.
This lesson is editable in Google Slides and PowerPoint, and includes:
- All body text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- 7 slides are storytime and class discussion slides.
- that are great for extending storytime lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- List of to read aloud (1 page, PDF file, 5 titles per grade for K-2)
- The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for friendship-themed books.
- All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-2 and received positive professional reviews.
- of how Mrs. ReaderPants has used themed library lessons like this one for story time on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PowerPoint slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
Storytime Slides include:
- slide for “Friend” in multiple languages and American Sign Language, including a how-to sign video link
- 4 guided discussion slides about being a friend in the Optional Storytime Slides (see below). Pick one or two of these to move up to the Storytime Slides if you want to expand Storytime.
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos.
Optional Storytime or Digital Bulletin Board Slides include:
- 5 visual booktalks of picture books about friendship
- Vocabulary words: companion
- Fun facts about Mexico, “Would You Rather?” questions, and “Did You Know?” slides
- 2 “Did you know…?” slides
- Friend of the school: Meet the school custodian
- What good friends do
- What good friends do not do
- How to tell if a friend is having fun
- How to tell if a friend is not having fun
- Tips for approaching and making a new friend
IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, read-aloud videos of the friendship picture books are NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns the interactive ebook that has audio read-aloud, you could also share how to read or access it through your online catalog or ebook management platform.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1. – D.2. – D.3. – D.4.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.10.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.K.5.B. – TEKS LA.K.6.F.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.