This scavenger hunt activity and digital bulletin board is perfect for spring library time! Scroll it on a loop while students check out or during library downtimes. It includes a scavenger hunt, fun facts, trivia, booktalks, and more!
: Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents.
Students will need: Colored pencils and pencils to complete the scavenger hunts.
This lesson has 58 editable pages/slides, and includes:
- Students can complete a scavenger hunt as they watch the presentation! They are looking for information and objects.
- Includes two differentiated hunts.
- Includes images and questions from the scrolling slides.
- This is a fun, passive library activity to keep students engaged during library downtimes or library checkout. It can also be used as a booktalk or library lesson. Just move the booktalk slides to the top of the presentation.
- 55 PowerPoint slides + Google™ Slides version
- All text is in PowerPoint and Google™ Slides.
- Scroll the PowerPoint using automatic timings.
- All slides are in 11″ x 8.5″ letter-size (landscape orientation), which allows for easy printing, if desired.
- Fun facts and trivia about rainbows, birds, monarch butterflies, the date of Easter, equinoxes, trees, and what it means when we say March “comes in like a lion.”
- Would you Rathers…? (3 questions)
- 5 trivia questions
- 12 booktalk slides (all well-reviewed titles recommended for Grades 3-6)
- Words of the Week: pastel and equinox
- Daily and weekly schedule
- This week’s birthdays
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1.
- Collaborate – A.2. – D.1.
- Explore – A.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.3.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.4.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.4.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.5.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.5.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.6.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.6.10. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.6.1.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.3.5.
- TEKS LA.4.5.
- TEKS LA.5.5.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.