This lesson is perfect for the theme of Women’s History Month! It features 24 women with biographical information and real photos. It includes trivia, fun facts, and would-you-rathers.
This lesson has , and includes:
- All body text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- 15 slides are whole class lesson slides.
- that are great for extending storytime lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- List of to accompany this lesson (1 page, PDF)
- The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for related books.
- Detailed explanation of how to use themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Detailed prep instructions and lesson plan (2 pages)
- Google Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PowerPoint slide timings (2 pages, PDF)
15 Whole Class Lesson Slides include:
- Sign language slide and how-to link – “female/lady”
- A guessing game – Students will see pictures representing careers and have to guess what five women are famous for. For example, Marian Anderson is represented by music notes and a microphone. Students would guess that Marian Anderson is a singer.
49 Scrolling Slides include:
- Fun facts and trivia about various women throughout history
- 15 visual booktalks for biographies of the women featured in the presentation
- 1 Library review question – What is a biography?
- 4 “Would you rather?” questions
- Vocabulary words: suffrage and equality
- Slides for this week’s birthdays, plus weekly and daily agenda
IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, read-aloud videos of the books are NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns the ebook(s), you could also share how to read or access ebooks through your online catalog or ebook management platform.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1.
- Explore – A.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.6
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.1 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.6
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.1 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.6
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.1 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.6
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.