Remember all those magazine quizzes we took as teens? This reading personality test is styled after those quizzes. Students LOVE this library genre activity!
This 2022 updated version is designed to help secondary students in 6th through 12th grades identify which reading genres are best for them. Multiple genre recommendations are given for each genre personality.
Technology Requirements: computer, projector and screen or wall (to use the PowerPoint/Google Slides), copier, paper, Google Classroom if using for distance learning or online instruction
**Click here if you’re looking for the elementary version for 3rd through 6th grade.
This engaging lesson has 114 slides & pages, and includes:
- 28-slide “What’s Your Genre Personality?” Quiz / Test Presentation – Walks students through questions about their own personalities, likes, dislikes, and preferences
- All questions and answers are editable in Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Includes scoring directions and all 12 Genre Personality profiles
- Because libraries have different genre sections, you can edit the recommended genres to make it work for your library.
- No prep is needed other than printing the quiz for students to follow along, if desired.
- Includes full directions for teacher and students
- Genre Personality Profile descriptions and pet peeves are NOT editable.
- Printable Reaching Genre Personality Quiz / Test – Students can follow along with the presentation and write their answers on the printable quiz.
- Editable in Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF file, or interactive Google Slides
- Includes 3-page quiz and 1-page “My Genre Personality” Reflections sheet
- “My Genre Personality” Google Form – Alternative to page 4 of the printable quiz.
- After determining their Genre Personalities (most students will have more than one), students can fill out this Google Form.
- This is a great way for librarians and teachers to see student results and whether students think they are accurate for their personalities.
- 24 Recommended Reads Bookmarks for each of 12 Genre Personalities (24 pages)
- Bookmark Side #1 is the Genre Personality description, pet peeves, and recommended genres.
- Bookmark Side #2 is a list of recommended book titles for each Genre Personality, sorted by age group (middle school or high school and beyond)
- All recommended titles and recommended genres are editable in Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF file formats.
- Genre Personality descriptions and pet peeves are NOT editable.
- Full-page Genre Personality Profiles (24 pages)
- This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes the silhouette illustrations for each Genre Personality.
- All suggested book titles and genres are editable in Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF file formats, so you can make the recommendations fit your library.
- Includes middle school, high school, and adult profiles
- Lesson Plan (9 pages)
- NOT editable, PDF file
- Includes step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, and after Day 2 for digital or face-to-face instruction
- See below for 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners and National Common Core ELA Standards addressed
- Printable Reading Genre Personality Description Cards (4 cards per page, 4 pages total)
- NOT editable except for the recommended genres, PDF file
- These are great to hand out to students and parents who want a small copy of their Genre Personality Profile
- Includes Answer Key to help students determine their Genre Personality at-a-glance after the quiz
The 12 Genre Personalities are:
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Amigue (Spanish for “friend”)
- The Activist
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Explore – A.1. – C.1.
- Engage – A.1. – D.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.