Remember all those magazine quizzes we took as teens? This reading personality test is styled after those quizzes. Students LOVE this activity!
This version is designed to help students in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grades identify which reading genres are best for them. Multiple genre recommendations are given for each genre personality.
This 78-page lesson includes:
- Walks students through questions about their own personalities, likes, dislikes, and preferences
- All quiz answers are editable in Microsoft PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Includes scoring directions and all 12 Genre Personality profiles
- No prep is needed other than printing the quiz for students to follow along, if desired.
- Many slides are illustrated in color.
- Includes full directions for teacher and students
- The Google Slides version is interactive.
- Printable Quiz (4 pages) – Students can write their answers on the printable as they take the quiz.
- Editable in PDF file
- Includes 3-page quiz and 1-page “My Genre Personality” Reflections sheet
- The Reflections Sheet also includes a Google Forms version.
- Two (2) Double-sided Read-alike Bookmarks for each of 12 Genre Personalities (36 pages) –
- All the bookmarks are editable with Microsoft PowerPoint. The PDF file of each is also included.
- One side is the Genre Personality description, and the other side is a list of recommended book titles, sorted by age group (early elementary and upper-elementary).
- Full-page Genre Personality Profiles (24 pages) – This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes color illustrations.
- All suggested book titles are editable, so you can make the recommendations fit your library.
- Includes K-3 and 3-6 Profiles
- Answer Key Cards for Printable Quiz (1 page) – These will tell students what their Personalities are based on their answers.
- NOT editable, four (4) cards per page
- Printable Genre Personality Description Cards (4 pages) – These are great to hand out to students and parents who want a small copy of their Genre Personality Profile
- NOT editable
- Lesson Plan (6 pages) –
- NOT editable
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, etc.
- Includes digital and face-to-face lesson plans
- See below for 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners and National Common Core ELA Standards addressed
The 12 Genre Personalities are:
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill-Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Bestie
- The Hero
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist
Each genre personality is described on its own slide at the end if the PowerPoint/Google Slides. If you are using the printable quiz, you will need to give students the answer cards so they can determine their genre personality.
The multiple-choice questions include:
- Right now, you would rather be…
- You read because…
- You love movies that…
- Pick a career…
- Choose a place…
- You’d like to meet…
- Which sounds interesting…
- Pick a pet…
- Pick some clothes…
- What’s in your backpack?
- Which emoji best represents you?
Technology Requirements: computer + projector + screen or wall (to use the PowerPoint/Slides), copier, paper, Google Classroom if digital
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Explore – A.1. – C.1.
- Engage – A.1. – D.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.