This mystery genre book talk template is perfect for upper elementary and middle school library lessons!
All text in the PowerPoint presentation is editable, plus it includes an editable Google Slides version for students to make and share their own book talks.
The included is best for Grades 5-7, but the can be used with any grade. All text in the sample book talk is editable, and some books may work outside the middle school setting.
This lesson & resource is 22 slides and 8 pages, including:
- Mystery Genre Book Talk Presentation
- PowerPoint template with text box suggestions (22 slides; all text editable), and
- Google Slides version of the template (22 slides; all text editable)
- Book Talk Sample for upper elementary or middle school (22 slides; all text and book covers are editable)
- Lesson Plan for 4th, 5th, and 6th Grades in Microsoft Word .docx file format (4 pages), including:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners, and
- National Common Core ELA Standards.
- Lesson plan can be adapted for other grades by adding or replacing the appropriate standards.
- Directions for using Google Slides (3 pages)
- Tips and Ideas on four (4) ways to use the presentations (1 page)
- Edit the blank PowerPoint template to create your own book talk.
- Print the slides to create gorgeous mystery-themed posters (8.5″ x 11″).
- Use the Google Slides version to allow students to create and share their own book talks.
- If you teach middle school, use the included sample to book talk mystery and detective fiction titles. It’s all done for you!
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.4.
- Collaborate – B.1.
- Explore – A.1.
- Engage – B.1. – B.2. – C.2. – D.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.