Just imagine having a low prep library center ready to go for every month of your school year! You’ll copy these centers, glue to butcher paper, and add markers. Your students will respond to the writing prompts and discuss their answers. I also show you how to extend each center into a full library lesson!
Every month, I use a butcher paper writing center in my elementary school library. I simply glue the text and picture to a length of butcher paper and add a tub of markers. Students write their responses and discuss them with each other.
I love these learning centers because they are super simple to set up and they work for multiple grade levels. The completed lists are colorful seasonal displays of student work for our library walls, to show that we are engaged in learning here in our school library media center!
This 60-page unit is a PDF download, and includes:
- How to Use this Product
- How to turn each center into a full library lesson
- For 11 months of the year, text writing prompts and clip art (both color and ink-friendly black and white) to glue onto butcher paper to create a library learning center
- For 11 months of the year, book lists for books to read aloud or display with your station
- Center instructions and expectations signs
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to learn more about this product.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – A.1. – B.3. – C.1. – C.2. – C.3. – C.4.
- Include – B.1. – C.1. – C.2. – D.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate – A.2. -B.1. – B.2. – C.1. – C.2. – D.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.1.11.D.viii.
- TEKS LA.2.11.E.
- TEKS LA.3.11.E.
- TEKS LA.4.11.E.
- TEKS LA.5.11.E.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.