Need a library lesson that teaches the parts of a book? This low-prep, K-2 digital storytime can be used for in-person or distance learning.
: Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
This lesson is editable in Google Slides and PowerPoint, and includes:
- All text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- 17 slides are for the read-aloud and/or guided lesson
- that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- List of recommended parts-themed read-alouds (1 slide/page, 5 titles each for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade)
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” printable list.
- Scavenger Hunt activity (1 page)
- AASL National School Library Standards (2018),
- National Common Core Standards for English Language Arts, and
- Google Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Directions for using this lesson with an elementary “specials” rotation (12 pages, PDF)
17 Library Lesson / Class Discussion Slides include:
- Storytime song: “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” – includes a slide with lyrics and pictures + YouTube link for motions and song in case you do not know it.
- slide and how-to sign link (“body” and various body parts)
- : front cover, back cover, title, author, illustrator, spine, call number, title page, copyright date, and publisher. Use as many or as few as you like!
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos.
21 Digital Bulletin Board Slides include:
- “Our School Nurse” Staff Spotlight
- Vocabulary words: humerus (bone) and prehensile tail
- Fun facts about eyes, tongue, hair, fingers, brain, fingernails, teeth, nasal hair, nasal mucus, and butterfly proboscis
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – A.2. – C.1.
- Collaborate – A.2. – D.1.
- Explore – A.1.
- Engage – A.1. – B.2.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.5 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.K.6. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.K.2.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.5. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.2.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.2.2. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.2.5. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.2.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.