Looking for a short, fun research project? Engage your third grade, fourth grade, and fifth grade students by letting them choose their own topics and create a quiz game show!
Your students will choose a topic, research that topic in an online encyclopedia, and write quiz game questions and answers. The project culminates with the whole class playing the quiz game they wrote, on a platform like KAHOOT!™ or Quizziz™.
Student choice plus the quiz game creates increased student engagement, helping them to learn important research skills.
This 20-page product is a PDF download, and includes:
- How to Use this Product
- Common Core standards supported by this product
- TEKS supported by this product
- 4 lesson plans for completing this research project in 4 class periods
- A 2-sided printable for students to take notes and cite their source
- Examples to display under the document camera, to help students understand how to turn statements into questions
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to learn more about this product.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – A.1. – B.1. – B.2. – B.3. – C.4.
- Collaborate – B.1.
- Curate – A.1. – A.2. – A.3.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-W.4.7. – CCSS.ELA-W.4.8.
- CCSS.ELA-W.5.7. – CCSS.ELA-W.5.8.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency
- TEKS LA.3.13.
- TEKS LA.4.13.
- TEKS LA.5.13.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.