Do you teach PreK students in your school library media center? Looking for PK library lesson plans to engage those early childhood learners, teach them effectively, and help them love reading while you all have fun at the same time? Check out these Fall Library Lessons for your pre-K students!
This 87-page unit is a printable PDF (not editable), and includes:
- Detailed table of contents
- Step-by-step instructions for how to use this product & organize your materials
- Sample Weekly Schedule
- My Storytime Formula (more impact with less prep time)
- Storytime Lesson Plan form to copy
- My Checkout Formula
- Sit Down Song
- Goodbye Song
- Book Baby Song
- How I use Book Bags
- How I Make PreK Library Cards
- Which Storytime Easel and Carpet I Find Useful
- The Educational “Why” Behind My Formula
- Book Discussion Questions to ask after reading
- Sponge/Filler Activities (just in case you finish early)
- Yearly Scope & Sequence Form
- List of 50 current, field-tested books to read aloud, 10 for each theme
- Fingerplays, Flannel board stories, and Action Songs for each theme
- Clip Art for Flannel board stories, to laminate
5 Fall/Autumn Themes are included:
- Library and Books
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – C.1. – D.1. – D.2. – D.3. – D.4.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
Laura Runge (verified owner) –
As a first year Librarian coming from teaching fifth grade for 16 years, these lessons saved me! I always get compliments from the Pre-K teacher on my lessons. Make sure to check your Library’s inventory and order all your books ahead of time to prepared!