Want a no-prep, standards-based novel study for reading comprehension to share with your third grade, fourth grade, or fifth grade students? Dragons in a Bag is a super read-aloud book, and you’ll be able to share it with your students right away with these printable, discussable comprehension questions!
Dragons in a Bag is a fun fantasy novel with an unusually diverse cast of characters. This tale of dragons, time travel, family, and an invisible man has been nominated for many state book awards. You will love sharing this magical adventure with your students, and these ready-to-go reading comprehension questions will structure your discussions about every chapter of the book.
Students may work individually or in small groups, and they may respond verbally or in writing to these questions. You have your whole novel study prepped and ready to go!
I think that it is incredibly important that we read whole books with our students, and I hope this product will make it easier for a busy teacher or librarian like you to share a great story with your class, from beginning to end!
This 40-page product is a PDF download, and includes:
- How to Use this Product
- How I do Novel Studies in my elementary school library
- Why students should read more whole books instead of passages
- Common Core standards supported by this product
- TEKS supported by this product
- 5 discussion questions for every chapter, with answer key (4 questions are short answer, and one question is open-ended, for higher level thinking)
- printable, short answer worksheets for every chapter, with the same questions used as the discussion questions, but in printable form, allowing students to respond in writing
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to learn more about this product.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Explore – A.1.
- Collaborate – A.2.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-SL.3.2. – CCSS.ELA-RL.3.10.
- CCSS.ELA-SL.4.2. – CCSS.ELA-RL.4.10.
- CCSS.ELA-SL.5.2. – CCSS.ELA-RL.5.10
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency
- TEKS LA.3.6.1.
- TEKS LA.4.7.B.
- TEKS LA.5.7.B.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.