This Trivia Game is a fun, no-prep way to teach students about nursery rhymes. No prior knowledge is needed to play!
Needed to open and edit: Microsoft PowerPoint (2016 or later); ability to open PDF documents
Google Slides will NOT work for this game.
This trivia game has 80 slides, and it includes:
- All body text is editable.
- 25 nursery rhymes – Each includes a question slide, the nursery rhyme slide, and an answer slide.
- 5 categories
- Point amounts for each question disappear after the question is selected. This ensures students do not select the same question twice.
- For example, if a student selects “Old for 3 points,” the question will be revealed. Upon return to the game board, the “Old for 3 points” square will no longer be visible.
- Separate, printable list of the 25 nursery rhymes included in the game (great as a reference for you or to give to students and parents)
- Printable Game Instructions
- No lesson plan is included, but standards addressed by this activity are listed below.
Game Categories include:
Items needed to play: Large screen TV or projector with screen so that students are able to see the slides from their desks, and a way to keep track of scores (whiteboard, pen and paper, etc.).
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Include – B.1. – D.1.
- Collaborate – A.2. – A.3.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.3 – RL.K.4. – RL.K.10 – SL.K.1 – SL.K.1a.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.1 – SL.1.1a. – SL.1.2.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.2.4. – SL.2.1 – SL.2.1a.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.