Are you ready to implement learning centers in your school library? Library centers provide an effective way for students to explore, create and express themselves. Centers can also teach and reinforce important library and reading skills in a way that empowers students by letting them control the pace.
This product is the completely revised and updated version of The Centered School Library, published in print several years ago by Demco/Upstart. I’ve tripled the length of the book, updated the learning standards to the 2018 AASL Standards Framework for Learners, I’ve added “I Can” signs and lesson plans to Chapters 5-14; and I’ve added a Classroom Management chapter.
This book invites you AND equips you to tap the power of learning centers for your school library. I explain why you should add centers to your library, how to plan them, and where you can make space for them.
Ten chapters include specific center ideas, with directions, printables, lesson plans, and literature connections. This is the perfect resource to help you engage every learner with library skills centers!
This is a printable ebook that you can print on your own, in ink-saving black and white. You can see a video preview here.
This product has 160 pages, and it includes:
- Printable PDF file format
- Ten Lesson Plans in PDF file format, aligned to AASL National School Library Standards for Learners
- The following chapters:
- Why Centers in the School Library
- How to Implement Centers in Your Library
- Making Space for Centers in Your Library
- Classroom Management with Library Centers
- Pocket Chart Center
- Shelving Cart Center
- Book Review Center
- Book Search Wish List Center
- Genre Center
- Reference Books Center
- Alphabetical Order Center
- Word Study Center
- Independent or Buddy Reading Center
- Listening Center
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ready? Set? Go!
- PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO PREVIEW to learn more about this product.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – D.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate . – A.2.
- Curate – B.4.
- Explore – A.1. – A.3.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.