Do you want to engage your kindergarten students in fun, standards-based storytime activities? This product will easily provide 3 months of school library lessons that your young students will love!
This Winter edition includes the lesson plan template, activity printables, and book lists to read about Cookies, Friends, Penguins, and Snow.
You can use this printable lesson plan and activity product with books that you already have, related to cookies, friends, penguins, and snow. Or you can purchase the recommended titles or borrow them from your public library.
The lesson plan template explains how to use each of the four themes for a month of library storytime lessons with your kindergarten students. It includes extension ideas, for longer library times.
I like to use the drawing pages with the book covers on them. This shows parents, administrators, and classroom teachers exactly what we are reading together. Often, parents are looking for book suggestions to read at home. This is an easy way to communicate your book recommendations to parents.
The cookie theme is my favorite for the winter holidays, to be festive without excluding any culture or religious tradition. I like the friendship theme in February for the month of Valentine’s Day.
This is a printable PDF file. You will not be able to edit the file that you purchase and download.
This 52-page unit is a printable PDF, and includes:
- 4-page Lesson Plan template, adjustable for each lesson
- Recommended book lists for each winter theme
- A play dough mat activity for each theme
- 2 coloring pages for each theme, one with color by code
- 24 drawing pages, showing the book titles from the recommended book lists
- 1 drawing page per theme to use with any book
- PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to find out exactly what you will need or how you will need to modify the lesson if you aren’t able to get them.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire -C.1. – D.1. – D.2. – D.3. – D.4.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.6. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.K.10.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.1.7.
Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.K.5.B – TEKS LA.K.6.B
- TEKS LA.1.5. – TEKS LA.1.6.B. – TEKS LA.1.7.E.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.