Encourage your students to write and talk about the books they’ve read using the language of emojis to jump start student thinking. Use these emoji book talks in your library, classroom, and morning announcements!
This book talking activity will work for students from kindergarten through 8th grade with options to draw or write a response with varying detail.
This lesson can be used with any type of book, fiction or non-fiction, picture book or chapter book. You can use this in a classroom or in a school library to encourage students to talk about books they’ve read, using the common vocabulary of emojis. Each student can fill out a book talk form, choosing an emoji for the book they’ve read and providing details to support their choice. When they share their book talk with the class or on morning announcements, they will hold up a laminated emoji as a visual aid for their presentation and to help keep their audience interested. A rubric is included for those who want students to evaluate their written response.
This product has 89 pages, and it includes:
- Teaching Guide/Tips and Instructions
- Color Book Talk Forms (with or without book talk hints, with drawing response or written response)
- Ink Friendly Book Talk Forms (with or without book talk hints, wit drawing response or written response)
- Color Emoji Signs with Words
- Color Emoji Signs without Words
- Ink Friendly Emoji Signs with Words
- Ink Friendly Emoji Signs without Words
- Teacher’s Notes to help you set up and get organized
- A list of other supplies needed – PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW to find out exactly what you will need or how you will need to modify the lesson if you aren’t able to get them.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – B.3. – C.4.
- Include – B.1. – D.1.
- Collaborate – B.1.
- Explore – A.1
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.K.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.K.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.2.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.4.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.4.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.5.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.5.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.6.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.6.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.7.1.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.8.1. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.8.1.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.