This Alphabet Storytime Bundle includes 26 library lessons, one for each letter of the U.S. alphabet and each lasting about 50 minutes. Depending on your allotted library time, these lessons could easily last the entire school year.
Please note that these presentations are designed to complement a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you!
Needed to open and edit: Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
Each of the 26 Alphabet Letter Lessons include:
- 30+ slide Lesson Presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint + Google Slides
- All body text is editable; you choose which slides you want to use.
- Part 1 – Storytime and class discussion slides.
- that are great for extending storytime lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- Scavenger Hunt / Coloring Page (1 page, PDF and PowerPoint)
- Students “hunt” for images and information in the “scrolling slides” part of the presentation. This gives students something to focus on during library checkout and downtime.
- List of 15 to accompany the lesson (1 page, )
- The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for related books.
- Detailed, pre-filled Library Lesson Plan in editable PowerPoint and PDF formats (2 pages), aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners,
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
- Google Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PowerPoint slide timings (2 pages, PDF)
Part 1 – Storytime / Class Discussion Slides include:
Each presentation guides you through a pre-storytime discussion of the letter. This part is approximately 12-16 slides.
You do not have to do every slide with every class. Many slides are included so you can move them around and differentiate between grade levels.
- Nursery rhyme and/or song for the letter; Many letters include more than one.
- slides: How-to sign the letter and an animal
- Student names beginning with the letter
- Sample words for that letter
- 2-5 library skills or terms for that letter
- Introducing the read-aloud story
- Checkout reminders/procedures slide. Fill out any procedures you need!
Part 2 – Scrolling Slides include:
Part 2 is the scrolling slides. Set them on a timer to scroll on a screen during library checkout. Students can use the scrolling slides to complete the Scavenger Hunt.
- Vocabulary Word of the Week
- Colors, names, months, sports, food, weather words, and/or career slides
- Multiple animals that begin with the letter
- At least 2 idioms using the letter
- Would-You-Rather? and/or This or That? slides
- Fun facts, discussions, and trivia
IMPORTANT! Due to copyright law, read-aloud videos of the books are NOT included. You will have to record yourself reading the book, or do a live stream of the read-aloud for students to access the book. If your library owns the ebook(s), you could also share how to read or access ebooks through your online catalog or ebook management platform.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Explore – A.1. – C.1.
- Inquire – D.3.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.