Want to encourage your 5th grade students to read several chapter books in a series? Fifth Grade Book Series Challenge is here to help you with recording sheets, book lists, lesson plans and more!
This 21-page unit is a printable PDF (not editable), and includes:
- 3 different student recording pages (3, 4, and 5 books in a series)
- Example of a completed recording page
- Book list for chapter books ON a fifth grade reading level
- Book list for chapter books ABOVE a fifth grade reading level
- Book list for chapter books BELOW a fifth grade reading level
- Teaching tips and lesson plans for two 30-45 minute library visits
- Printable series reader bookmarks
- Benefits of series reading for your students
Here’s how this product works. You print the recording page on one side, the book list on the other, and give the double-sided page to your students. They try to read 5 chapter books (or 4 or 3, if you prefer) in the same series. They record the titles and the author on the page.
I’ve also included book lists above and below 5th grade reading level, for your developing readers and your above-average readers. You can keep these at your desk to guide students to good book choices.
When they complete the recording page, you might give them a prize, or have a party in the library, or find some way to celebrate their reading accomplishment.
This product is a PDF for quick and easy printing. You will NOT be able to edit this product.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Collaborate – D.1.
- Curate – A.1. – D.1.
- Explore – A.1.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) –
© Copyright 2019 Texas Education Agency.
- TEKS LA.5.5
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.