This bundle teaches students how to identify and write in-text citations, as well as the importance of giving credit to a source.
These inquiry-based lessons help young researchers develop a shared understanding of the many forms of in-text citations. Whether they are paraphrasing or providing direct quotations, students will learn where and how to cite the source of information. Using engaging activities, students will be able to identify the characteristics of a MLA8 in-text citation, practice identifying them, and learn strategies for writing their own.
This bundle is also perfect to use with students who are ready for a bit more sophisticated research writing. It provides them with fun and playful activities that teach them how to write citations that not only flow well, but follow MLA 8 guidelines.
This bundle has 3 lessons, and includes:
- Identifying In-Text Citations to teach proper in-text citation format and how to cite sources when quoting and paraphrasing to ethically share information.
- PDF file format with Google Slides & Seesaw activities
- Writing In-Text Citations for sharing research in papers and projects and to develop digital citizenship skills.
- PDF file format with Google Slides activity
- Introduction to Citations to identify what a citation is and is not.
- PDF file format with Google Slides and optional Blooket™ and BrainPOP™ activities.
- Teacher Notes or Directions to help you set up and get organized.
- Lesson Plans for Grades 3-6 in PDF file format, aligned to:
- 2018 AASL National School Library Standards for Learners, and
- National Common Core ELA Standards.
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Engage – B.1. – B.2. – B.3.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.
There are no reviews yet.