This is a fabulous bundle that includes 36 separate lesson plans to use with your 3rd grade students in the library.
These lessons can be used if you are on a 6-week or 9-week grading period, or can also be used in isolation. Most activities correspond to either a fiction or nonfiction book (sometimes both) that are commonly found in school libraries. Most activities are general enough that you can also substitute other books to go with the lesson. If you follow them in order, they will take you through a normal U.S. school calendar year (August/September through May/June).
See the book list and notes about substitutions on BookShop (includes affiliate links).
This lesson bundle has 135 pages and it includes:
- Printable Activities and Lesson Plan Pages for each week (PDF file) including:
- Week number
- Library skill / concept taught
- Book title(s) for reading aloud
- Detailed step-by-step teaching procedure
- Additional activities that can be done after the lesson if you choose
- Technology extension activities
- These pages are in PDF file format and are NOT editable.
- Printable Standards Checklist including 3rd grade standards:
- National Common Core ELA Standards, and
- Blank, Editable Lesson Plan Template
- PowerPoint .pptx file format to create your own lessons in the same format
- Binder Cover and Spine Labels for storing the lessons.
- Editable Table of Contents for binder storage and quick reference.
- PowerPoint .pptx file format
AASL National School Library Standards – See the AASL Standards Framework for Learners to view full text.
- Inquire – A.1. – C.1. – D.1. – D.2.
- Collaborate – A.1. – A.2. – A.3. – B.1. – B.2. – C.1. – C.2. – D.1. – D.2.
Common Core English Language Arts Standards –
© Copyright 2010 National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.1 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.2 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.3 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.4 – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.3.7
- CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.3. – CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.3.6.
Questions before buying?
If the free preview file does not answer your question, you can contact us through this link with questions.